Well here we are, with a week before Danielle and I fly out for the WRL 24 Hours of High Plains Raceway, or otherwise known as the the "WRL 24 @ 5280". If you have read the announcement I released about a week ago (link below):
Then you already know that I will be participating in the 24 Hours of High Plains Raceway in a week's time (more like 9 days). I will be co-driving with Dave Balingit, Dan Aweida, Trevor Aweida, and Chris Sarian. All of which are experienced and great drivers in their own right, so we will have quite the driver line-up.
Special for the 24 hours, Sioeye and myself will be running a multi-camera live stream using the Sioeye Iris4G live streaming action cameras. As of right now the plans are to have one camera running in the car for most, if not all of the 24 hours (with periodic breaks). Two cameras for behind-the-scenes, interviews, and special live streams; and a fourth camera as a back-up camera. Danielle and I are working on scheduling and organizing the live streams; we will have a solid idea of how the live streams will go on the Friday before the race. So expect an official stream schedule on Friday night. You can tune in to the live stream in several ways. First and foremost, you can download (IOS and Android) the Sioeye App for free, sign up for an account (also free) and be able to watch the live video feed on the go and from your home, as well as join the stream chat. My official website will be streaming the live video on the LIVE! Powered by Sioeye page. You can also catch the live video from my official facebook page: www.Facebook.com/JesseGroseRacing and my Twitter: @JGroseRacing. I will have a live feed connected to my Youtube: www.Youtube.com/JesseGroseRacing as well. In addition to the Sioeye live stream, we will be using Facebook Live for some interviews, tours, and behind-the-scenes action.
The race schedule is as follows: (Mountain Daylight Time UTC -6:00)
Open Practice, Driver and Team Scrutineering.
Cars on Grid: 9:40 AM
Pace Laps: 9:55 AM
Race Start (24 Hours): 10:00 AM
Race End: 10:00 AM
Podium and Awards: 10:30 AM
The NASA Elan NP01
- Center Single Seat Enclosed Prototype Component Race Car for NASA Prototype Competition
- Composite Body with Easily Replaced Sections to Reduce Repair Costs
- Opening Prototype Style Doors with Latches
- Functional Front Splitter
- Adjustable Full Width Rear Wing
- Head, Tail and Rain Lights Windshield Wiper
- Polycarbonate Windshield and Side Windows
- 1018 Steel Tube Frame, Tig Welded with Integral Roll Cage Structure
- Side Intrusion Protection Bars
- Force Attenuation Nose Box Structure
- Fully Adjustable Suspension with MCS Double Adjustable Shocks
- 235/40/17 Toyo Proxes RR Tires
- 17 x 9 OZ Wheels
- StopTech Forged aluminum 4 Piston Brake Calipers
- HUGE 2-piece rotors with aluminum hats
- 11 gal Pyrotect Fuel Cell
- Safecraft 5lb electric Fire suppression system
- Sealed Mazda 2.0 Liter MZR Engine with Dry Sump (Approx. 185 HP)
- 6 Speed Sequential Sadev SL-75 Transaxle
- ACT 8lb steel Flywheel and race clutch disc
- AEM Infinity8 Sealed ECU
- AIM MXL2 Dash (Upgrade to MXS/MXG available)
- Approx. 1450 Lbs.
- 102” Wheelbase
- 161.0” Overall Length
- 43.9” Max Height
- 75.4” Max Width
- 155 Max Speed
There will be another update on Friday night (the 26th), before the 24 hours. We have a few things to setup and make 100% before we commit to a full 24 hour broadcasting schedule. Another issue is battery life in the Sioeye. The Iris4G can last a little over an hour while broadcasting, so during pit stops we will be changing the batteries. This will require us to stop and restart the broadcast each time, so there will at least be hourly breaks for the live stream. What we need to figure out is if a full 24 hour broadcast is feasible, compared to say, taking a few hour break between live streams. This is the most of our planning we need to do. Stay tuned to my official Facebook, Instagram, website, and Twitter pages for updates on our live streaming schedule.